Royal TV is the biggest Somali commercial television network in the world, broadcasting the most talked about television and making a major contribution to: religion, piece, economy, tradition, culture and communities.
Royal TV is responsible for the commissioning, scheduling and marketing of network programmes. Programmes from Royal TV are provided by our in house production unit and by the independent sector. Network programming covers a full range of genres, including drama, entertainment, news, current affairs factual, sport and children’s programming. This ensures that viewers right across the world are able to share in viewing some of the favourite programmes. It is also responsible for advertising your businesses to ensure that your business will profit and grow.
Royal TV Mission and values
To enrich people’s lives with programmes and services that inform, educate and entertain.
To be the most creative organisation in the world.
• Trust is the foundation of Royal TV: we are independent, impartial and honest.
• Audiences are at the heart of everything we do.
• We take pride in delivering quality and value for money.
• Creativity is the lifeblood of our organisation.
• We respect each other and celebrate our diversity so that everyone can give their best.
• We are one Royal TV: great things happen when we work together.
Royal TV objectives 2011/12
Putting quality first
1. Inform, educate and entertain through great programmes and services that audiences love
• Enhance Royal TV’s reputation for quality and originality across its services.
• Focus on and direct resources to the five editorial priorities (the best journalism in the world; inspiring knowledge of Islam, culture and tradition; ambitious Somali drama, music and comedy; outstanding children’s content; events that bring communities and the nation together).
• Maintain the highest possible editorial standards and ensure public confidence in the complete trustworthiness and impartiality of Royal TV.
• Maximise Royal TV’s reach consistent with the Purposes and Values.
• Provide content more relevant to audiences across the whole world.
Supporting our people
2. Enable our people to deliver outstanding results for our audiences
• Develop and support high performing leaders who are trusted and accountable.
• Achieve peak performance by helping our people understand what is expected of them, enabling them to perform to their highest potential and recognising strong performance.
• Deliver a fresh deal for our people to provide a breadth of experience and skills, including flexible and agile working practices.
3. Build and strengthen a digital public space, open to all and independent of political and commercial interests
• Take concrete steps to open Royal TV’s archive programme library.
• Make a reality and success of internet-connected television.
• Enhance the credibility of Royal TV as an effective, well-run and transparent organisation.
In order for Royal TV to fulfil its mission to inform, educate and entertain, we have set out few public purposes.
Please see below for details of these public purposes and Royal TV’s plans for delivering them:
• Citizenship and civil society
1. Provide independent journalism of the highest quality.
2. Engage a wide audience in news, current affairs and other topical issues.
3. Encourage conversation and debate about news, current affairs and topical issues.
4. Build greater understanding of the parliamentary process and political institutions governing Somalia.
5. Enable audiences to access, understand and interact with different types of media.
• Promoting education and learning
1. Stimulate informal learning across a full range of subjects and issues for all audiences.
2. Engage audiences in activities targeted to achieve specific outcomes that benefit society.
3. Promote and support formal educational goals for children and teenagers and support adult education, especially related to essential skills development.
• Global outlook
1. Build a global understanding of international issues:
a) Provide international news broadcasting of the highest quality.
b) Enable individuals to participate in the global debate on significant international issues.
2. Enhance Somali audiences’ awareness and understanding of international issues.
3. Broaden Somali audiences’ experience of and exposure to different cultures from around the world.
Crown House Business Centre
North Circular Road, NW10 7PN
Tel: + 44 (0)208 965 5107 / + 44 (0) 7572606976
Tel + 44 (0) 121 7728 639 / + 44 (0) 07572606926
Email: email@example.com website: www.tvroyal.com